Here’s presenting the simplest and quickest recipe for stuffed pita pockets. Pita pockets are as such a very versatile item, and you can stuff them up with anything that you are craving for at the time of preparation. However, I have a particular favorite, which I am sharing with you guys today.
- Grilled and halved pita pockets
- Chicken/ mutton seekh. Vegetarians can go for paneer tikka/ aloo tikki
- Any sauces you like. I totally dig this Barbeque sauce and Olive oil mayonnaise from Veeba
- Lettuce leaves
- Any other salad stuffing to go with the veg/ non-veg stuffing. I prefer a few slices of tomatoes.
- Heat/ cook the veg/ non-veg stuffing that you are going to use.
- Chop the mutton/ chicken/ veg stuffing into small pieces. Need not be very neat.
3. Add the sauces as per your taste. I have added barbeque sauce and mayonnaise. Optional- add black pepper.
4. Evenly spread some mayonnaise inside the pita pocket.
5. Start stuffing the pocket- first spread a lettuce leaf, followed by the salad/ tomatoes.
6. Stuff up the pocket with the prepared stuffing.
Hope you liked this simple recipe. It is a hit with my family, and is something you can prepare for a quick weekend get-together very easily too. The Veeba Barbeque sauce gives a very smoky flavor, and there isn’t much cooking that you need to do to get the flavor right.
What are your favorite pita-pocket stuffings? Do share in the comments below.