The world (atleast my side of the world) woke up to gorgeous pictures of pretty ladies (and dapper gentlemen) at the red carpet of the Oscar 2015 awards ceremony. While I was drooling at the gowns and makeup of the lovely ladies, I couldn’t help but notice that there was a lot of ‘sheer’ element in the dresses. Delicate, sheer fabrics, see-through accents and lacy embroideries were seen everywhere. Spring is truly here, and this might just be the hottest fashion trend of the season.
Check out my top picks below. I couldn’t just stop at ‘top-10’ or something like that.
1. Jeniffer Aniston wore an Atelier Versace gown which had a peek-a-boo lower half along with a sexy side-slit till the knee.
2. Keira Knightly in a Valentino gown with floral details- perfect for spring!
3. Jennifer Lopez in an Elie Saab gown- the skin-colored couture gown with lots of volume waist-down was definitely one of my favorites.
4. Sienna Miller in an Oscar De La Renta navy blue outfit. While I don’t fancy the triple bows at the top (they’re too big, imho), the cut-out lower part is definitely nice.
5. Chrissy Teigen in Zuhair Murad gown. A full-length slit and lacy top along with sleeves.
6. Behati Prinsloo in Armani Prive outfit. The black outfit layered with sheer black net, studded with red accents (flowers?). Definitely very interesting!
7. Joanna Newsom in a white ‘Honor‘ gown with a sheer front panel, studded with white floral accents. Paired perfectly with a matching clutch and turquoise earrings and ring.
8. Kelly Osbourne sported a black Rita Vinieris outfit, Sophia Webster strappy heels and a Judith Lieber clutch. The outfit had an asymmetrical hem at the front, with a layer of lace peeking from below. The same emroidered lace was used on the corset and sleeves. Very interesting.
9. Giuliana Rancic in a Mireille Dagher couture gown. The gown had a sheer panel running from the top, till the very bottom, in a twisted pattern. Loved it!
10. Katie Cassidy in a n*de couture gown with lots of leafy patterns and a long train
11. Jamie Chung in Yanina Couture n*de and navy gown with a generous sprinkling of sequins. Another one of my favorites!
Trends forecast from Oscars 2015:
- Opt for sheer nets and other such delicate fabrics with intricate patterns on them this spring season
- Mix and match with other existing items in your wardrobe, like a sheer shirt with your regular (but well-fitted) trousers or skirt
- If you are planning to sport n*de shades, try a few of them before adding a piece your wardrobe. There’s a right n*de for everyone!
- With Indian wear, sheer blouses are the way to go!
While it is very difficult to select one, from the above, my personal favorites are are 2, 3, 9 and 11. What about you? Do share in the comments below 🙂