Lakme Fashion Week Summer Resort 2014 has drawn to an end, leaving us fashion crazy people with an over-dose of pictures and videos to skim for the latest fashion trends. Here are my personal favorites and the top-5 trends for the upcoming season!
1. Light layers. Summers mean a lot of heat for most areas in our country, and keeping it light, airy and confortable should always be on top of the list. Upp the style quotient by layering with interesting fabrics in various layers. Remember to keep the fabric layers light, with the base layer a cotton fabric, as much as possible.
2. Flirty silhouettes. Clingy, fitted outfits are a big no-no for summers. Play with interesting drapes and cuts to remain effortlessly stylish, yet comfortable!
3. Infuse cool with prints. Accessories and bling should have been packed away by now. You wanna keep it cosy and comfortable all the way. Ring in style with quirky prints in your outfits. For accessories, make friends with funky sunglasses and hats!
4. Cover up in style! Not everyone is comfortable showing a lot of skin, and it ain’t mandatory either to look ‘fashionable’. Cover up, with eye-catching, un-conventional cuts and drapes, and make your own style statement.
5. Pastels, ofcourse! Needless to say, pastels in summers will never go out of fashion. Don them as much as you can, and you will never regret it. And, pastels are BIG this season! The shades of coral and blue are a rage on the runway right now, and there’s no reason why you shouldn’t stock up on pastels. Plus, they flatter all skin tones too!
What’s your take on the top-5 fashion trends for this season? Do share in the comments below 🙂
*Disclaimer: All images c/o Lakme Fashion Week.